Principles of diagnosis, treatment planning and inter-disciplinary management.
This 4-day course is aimed at Post-CCSTs in orthodontics, maxillofacial trainees, orthodontic specialists and junior consultants. The course will be delivered by an experienced team of consultants. The first 3 days will be lecture and practical based. The 4th day will focus on hands-on orthognathic planning and clinical cases based discussion session. Course content to include:
- Fundamentals of assessment, diagnosis and treatment planning
- Psychological considerations in orthognathic care
- Description of surgical techniques and stability of orthognathic procedures
- Principles of cephalometric, model surgery and 3D digital planning
- Management of antero-posterior, vertical and transverse skeletal discrepancies
- Management of asymmetries, condylar resorption surgical complications
- An overview of Distraction osteogenesis
- Practical exercise: cephalometric planning of single jaw and bi-maxillary cases
- Clinical case based discussion session
Closing date for application 23rd May 2022 (places limited to 25 delegates).
Course fee is inclusive of course handouts as well as materials used in the practical session.
Morning and afternoon refreshments and lunch is provided.