RCSEd/BAOMS webinar series
The joint British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (BAOMS) and Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (RCSEd) webinar series for 2020 has recently been announced.
“The exciting webinar partnership with RCSEd continues into 2020 with fascinating online seminars that focus on new and emerging techniques in all facets of oral and maxillofacial surgery, balanced with refinements in current practice,” Jagtar Dhanda, Consultant Maxillofacial/Head Neck Surgeon, explained.
The series that launched in September is aimed at “UK and international surgeons in training, as well as colleagues who are already in established OMFS ENT and plastic surgery practice” he added.
The monthly webinars start at 8pm, last an hour and are free to join. To take part you need to register first on the RCSEd website. Each session lasts around one hour and includes a lecture presented by an expert in their field as well as a Q&A session for attendees.
Tuesday 5 October 19.00 – 20.00 BST: Facial Aesthetics Update
Overview: This webinar will present a review of the facial anatomy relevant to facial aesthetics and an update on face lifting procedures.
Aims: Review the anatomical layers of the face and a review of face lifting procedures.
Learning Objectives: By the end of this webinar attendees should have an understanding of:
- Facial anatomy with special reference to the SMAS and fat pads.
- The manipulation of the soft tissues during a face lift and SMAS plication techniques.
- 9th September 2021 @ 7pm: Craniofacial Surgery - an Update
- 7 January @ 8pm: Paediatric craniofacial surgery presented by David Richardson Consultant Oral & Maxillofacial and Craniofacial Surgeon, Aintree Hospitals Liverpool
- 11 February @ 8pm: Current practice in the treatment of skin cancer (melanoma & non-melanoma) of the head and neck presented by Roger Currie, Consultant Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon, University Hospital Kilmarnock
- 3 March @ 8pm: Modern cleft lip & palate practice presented by Vicki Beale, Consultant Oral & Maxillofacial & Cleft Surgeon, Manchester Foundation Trust
- 7 April @ 8pm: Facial reanimation presented by Tim Blackburn, Consultant Oral & Maxillofacial surgeon, Manchester Foundation Trust
- 5 May @ 8pm: An update on sentinel node biopsy presented by Clare Schilling, Consultant Head and Neck Surgeon, University College Hospital, London
- 2 June @ 8pm: Outcomes in TMJ Surgery presented by Andrew Sidebottom
- 7 July @ 8pm: Blepharoplasty Masterclass presented by Carl Jones