We recognise that in previous years our timetable announcement hasn’t always allowed you enough time to plan your own timetable for the Clinical Excellence Awards nomination and citation process.
So, this year, I am pleased to write to you with an indicative timetable for the planned 2020 Awards Round. These dates shouldn’t move dramatically, but are still subject to change.
2020 ACCEA Awards Round *
- Applications open: 6 February
- Applications close: 3 April
- Outcomes announced to applicants: December
* Message from BAOMS Office: Please note that the deadline for BAOMS to receive applications will be earlier than the 3 April 2020 CEA deadline. This is to allow time for scoring and preparation of ranked listings by the BAOMS ACCEA Marking panel. If you are planning to apply for the 2020 round it would be best to prepare as far in advance as possible by keeping your application forms up to date.
We hope that this helps. We should be able to formally announce the 2020 competition and confirm the application window dates on our website in December.
Recruitment for our ACCEA Sub- Committee membership
As you may be aware, we have a cohort of over-330 sub-committee members to maintain across England. And, as you may appreciate, it takes a considerable amount of time and effort to sustain and refresh our membership.
We would be very grateful for your assistance in helping us recruit members to join our regional sub-committees and take part in scoring national Clinical Excellence Award applications in the 2020 awards round.
We have a number of vacancies across the regions for:
- Employer member (managers from Trusts and Arm’s Length Bodies) will consider the employer’s perspective and whether the applicant brings benefits back to their organisation and the wider NHS
- Lay member (to give an objective view) will be knowledgeable about the workings of the NHS and may have informed lay involvement in healthcare and experience of the patients’ perspective
Please see the application form and monitoring form and some background information for prospective members which highlights the:-
- Core role as a sub-committee member
- Benefits of becoming an ACCEA sub-committee member
- Induction and training offered
- How to apply
Please contact ACCEA if you have any further questions.
Omarah Adam, Clinical Awards Excellence Secretariat