Consultants & Specialists' Group
The aim of this sub-group is to support our members on issues of personal, regional and national importance.
Forthcoming event: Consultants’ and Specialists’ Group Study day will be held on 7 December 2023 at Lincoln's Inn, London Theme: Private practice for the future - further details
Please see below an email from ACCIA regarding National Nominating Organisation - Published News Story
Dear NNO Colleagues
As discussed in the ACCIA National Nominating Organisation wash up meeting held on the 23rd January, supporting citations have been removed from the National Clinical Impact Awards process. Applicants can still seek guidance from any membership organisation.
We have now published a News Story on the process for awards scheme applications. The news story can be found on the ACCIA gov.uk page
ACCIA will also be sharing products that you may wish to use or adapt to support your members throughout the application process.
Kind Regards - ACCIA Secretariat, Advisory Committee on Clinical Impact Awards, Quarry House, Leeds, LS2 7UE
T: 020 7972 4608 | E: email@example.com
Proudly supporting an LGBTQ+ friendly workplace
ACCIA 2022 Applications: round now closed
Via the Regional Specialty Professional Advisors (RSPA): Please see LIST OF RSPAs TBC and Training Programme Directors (TPDs) who also act as Regional Specialty Professional Advisers for RCSEng.
Invited Review Mechanism (IRM): a message from Stephen Dover
The Invited Review Mechanism (IRM) is run through the Royal College of Surgeons of England. I am the BAOMS representative on this body. The purpose of the IRM is to ensure that patients receive good quality care, by providing expert opinion and objective advice. This can take the form of a review of clinical records, a review of an individual’s practice or a wider service review, often looking at multi-disciplinary team working.
Please see this link: Learning from Invited Reviews from the RCS Eng
There is an increasing need for experienced clinicians to act as reviewers and to support the work of the IRM. If you are interested in taking on this role please contact the BAOMS Office where information and application forms can be made available to you. I would also be happy to provide you with further information
Stephen MS Dover
RSPA & Consultants' Study Days
- 2022: Thursday 8 December 2022 at RCS London. See the Programme and Presentations
- 2018: Please see update available here following the recent 2018 RSPA and Consultants' Development Day
- 2017: Please also see this news item about the 2017 RSPA and New Consultants' Development Day: Achieving success and avoiding failure
- 2016: Following a development day in October 2016 attended by BAOMS RSPAs and recently or soon to be appointed OMF surgeons, please see this document about mentoring following a presentation by Mrs Scarlett McNally, RCSEng Council member.
The Consultants & Specialists' Group of BAOMS provide support via the following routes:
- In person
- Via BAOMS office
- Via this website
- Via the Regional Specialty Professional Advisors (RSPA)– Please see LIST OF RSPAs TBC and Training Programme Directors (TPDs) who also act as Regional Specialty Professional Advisers for RCSEng.
We also liaise as an organisation with numerous other organisations within healthcare. Quick links to these organisations include:
Areas of interest
- Continuing professional education & CPD
- Policy and Position Statements
- Consultant Handbook via BMA
- Guidance Documents
- Medic-legal advice / guideline document
- Private Practice
- Job Planning
- Finance and Pay
- Appraisal Guidance
- Planning Pensions and Retirement
- Research and Audit