Suitable for all grades or those wishing to explore a career in Plastic or Maxillofacial Surgery.
The focus of free flap surgery training so far has been micro-surgical skills. At Surgical-Art, we believe that flap dissection and tissue handling is an equally fundamental skill. In this course we give equal importance to both these skills, hence providing a more comprehensive exposure for participants.
The flap dissection component and the porcine models used are exclusive to Surgical-Art. Participants will be introduced to basic to advanced tissue handling skills to identify, preserve and dissect the perforator/neuro-vascular pedicle of a flap. Following this design and flap raising will be taught and practiced.
The microsurgical training will involve introduction to microsurgical skills, end to end and end to side artery/vein anastomosis, dealing with mismatched vessels, vein grafts and venous couplers.
- Excellent warm up and simulation biological models
- Venous coupler training and practice
- All microscopes with live digital video feed for WBAs
- Surgical skills - from basic tissue handling to sophisticated flap elevation
- Pre-prepared porcine flap dissection models offer an opportunity to raise perforator/free flaps
Course Fee: £800
10% discount offered when booking on more than 1 course & for returning candidates
Book your place