Applying for a Second Degree: Afternoon Workshop for OMFS Trainees
- £10 online payment in advance
- £20 on the day ‘walk-in’
(no lunch/drinks provided … it is cheap for a reason)
This mini-workshop is aimed at helping those applying (or thinking of applying) for a second degree (medicine or dentistry) starting 2020. Topics covered will include:
- When is the best time to apply for second degrees?
- Which course is best for me?
- What is happening with shortened dental degrees (and medical degrees)?
- UCAS Form - Polishing up your personal statement.
- UCAS Form - Choosing your UCAS referee and helping them write the right things
- Supporting yourself through your second degree
- UKCAT, BMAT and other exams and how to get good marks
Format of the afternoon will be short talks with lots of opportunities for questions. There should be time during, and certainly after, for specific advice and help to individual applicants.
Patrick Magennis, Consultant Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon, University Hospitals Aintree, Liverpool L9 7AL