Following the success of last year’s meeting which was attended by over 60 delegates from around the UK and Eire, we are delighted to invite you to this study day for those interested in the modern management of Vascular Anomalies and their associated syndromes. Interventional Radiologists, Vascular surgeons, Plastic surgeons, Dermatologists, Nurses, Geneticists, Haematologists amongst other professionals involved in VM care attended last year and are most welcome to bring other colleagues with whom they offer this service.
The registration is offered gratis and 5 CPD points with certificate will be provided to delegates
- Refreshments will be provided during the day
- Local accommodation is available at reasonable rates for those travelling long distances
This is a very exciting time in VM management and we will try to address as much of these developments as possible in the time available and also seek collaborative standardisation between us in the form of a UK registry which was proposed at VASIG 3 years ago to be run through the BSIR registries committee.
As previously we would be delighted to see difficult cases brought by delegates to be discussed in open forum.
Themes and speakers: (provisional list)
- Biomarkers in VM: Dr Calver Pang
- Genetics: Prof Sahar Mansour
- Starting the UK Registry: Mr Chung Lim/ Ian McCafferty
- PROMs in VM: Dr Anthie Papodopoulou
- Role of surgery in VM: Prof George Hamilton
- Medical adjunctive therapies: Dr Jocelyn Brookes
- Electroporation: Dr Tobian Miur
- Anaesthetics in VM: Dr Jane Lowery
- Complications in VM: Helena Smith
- Imaging developments: Brookes/Parthipun
Favourites as usual:
- Challenging cases chaired by Dr Mo Khalifa
- New session - Patient experience “Grand Round with patients”: Nick Evans