After the successful five rounds of interview preparation course , it gives me immense pleasure to say that we are organising this once again for the benefit of the prospective candidates going to the interview not only this year but also in the near future to sharpen their portfolio, practical / communication skills and overall OSCE based interview practice.
Why did we feel the course was necessary?
In the last few years, ST3 interviews proved to be difficult to some candidates despite completing medical and degrees along with foundation training. OMFS is the only speciality to have more jobs than the candidate numbers. Almost all the candidates have dual qualification but some were not deemed eligible for selection. There is a strong need for uplifting the candidate’s technique in approaching the interview. OMFS is in dire need of Registrars and future Consultants.
Has the interview course organised so far improved the ST numbers allocated?
We believe from reliable sources that there is good improvement in the posts allocated compared to the previous rounds. We believe our course has contributed to this success as most of the trainees attended this course.
- Portfolio - what to include and how best to score points.
- Communication skills
- Common situational judgement Questions
- Critical appraisal of a scientific paper
- Common practical Skills required for the would be ST1/ST3.
- Audit- How to present your Audit in the given time and questions revolving around it.
We hope this is going to be free for all the trainees. The maximum amount chargeable would be £75 in case the funding request is refused. It will be known closer to the course date.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Who will be there?
- Prospective candidates for the interview
- Registrars who went through the interview process recently. We are aiming to get as many as possible
- Mr Jeremy Collyer, Consultant OMFS (Training Programme Director OMFS for KSS deanery)
- Mr Montey Garg, ST5 OMFS, KSS deanery
- Mr Raghuram Boyapati , ST5 OMFS , KSS deanery
- Mr Rajat Paul, ST4 OMFS, Oxford
- Mr Ramachandra Madattigowda, ST4 OMFS, KSS deanery
- Mr Walid El-Kininy, ST4 OMFS, KSS deanery
Why should you attend this course?
So far there is no other integrated course in the UK preparing the candidates for their ST interview.