After another successful undergraduate oral and maxillofacial surgery conference (UMAX) in 2018, the Royal Society of Medicine will be running it again to continue promoting the specialty as a post-graduate career option for aspiring surgeons.
By attending this event you will learn from consultant surgeons and incumbent trainees as you network on the day, and participate in the UMAX lecture series, and interactive practical skills and problem-based learning sessions run by senior clinical trainees. .
At the end of the meeting you will be able to:
- Understand the role of oral and maxillofacial surgery in the wider field of medicine and surgery.
- Achieve basic competency and understanding in the assessment of the more common maxillofacial presentations.
- Gain a greater appreciation of the scope of practice of oral and maxillofacial surgeon.
- Develop basic surgical skills such as suturing at depth and performing basic local flaps.
- Appreciate the wider interdisciplinary work that the specialty does bridging the gap across the various head and neck specialties as well as between dentistry and medicine