The 2-day course encompasses all essential trainer prerequisites and provides learning opportunities specifically tailored to suit the needs of all clinical trainers from first time teachers to experienced course managers. It covers all aspects of the GMC 2016 guideline competency framework and may be recognised as leading to the award of up to 10 credits towards further study on the University of Dundee, Certificate/Diploma/Master of Medical Education (MMEd) programme.
The outcome of the course is to enable participants:
- To gain knowledge of learning and teaching techniques and apply to own role
- To master the techniques for skills teaching
- To meet the required standards for effective course management
- To effectively represent your organisation in all required training roles
Pre- and post-Course Work
- It is a mandatory requirement of the programme to undertake pre-course reading and learning.
- Two weeks prior to attending the course, you will be asked to participate in a discussion topic via My College Online, the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow’s eLearning platform. Recommended reading can also be accessed from this site.
- Within six weeks following the course, you will be required to produce and submit a 1,000 word reflective essay which allows participants to comment, observe and reflect on how their learning has affected their practice.
Please note: This course is not suitable for Foundation Year postgraduates.