About this event
UMAX has been established by the Royal Society of Medicine to act as a medium to promote the specialty and to facilitate the sharing the knowledge and experience of consultant surgeons and incumbent trainees to aspiring surgeons.
The UMAX lecture series is given by practicing consultants from leading teaching hospitals in conjunction interactive practical skills and problem based learning sessions run by senior clinical trainees.
At the end of the meeting delegates will be able to:
- Understand the role of oral and maxillofacial surgery in the wider field of medicine and surgery
- Achieve basic competency and understanding in the assessment of the more common maxillofacial presentations
- Gain a greater appreciation of the scope of practice of oral and maxillofacial surgeon
- Develop basic surgical skills such as suturing at depth and performing basic local flaps
- Appreciate the wider interdisciplinary work that the specialty does bridging the gap across the various head and neck specialties as well as between dentistry and medicine
We are also offering the opportunity for students to present their works nationally though our poster and oral presentation prizes.
BAOMS trainees can receive a £20 discount, this is valid on all new bookings. All BAOMS trainees rates booked will be vetted to ensure eligibility. Those who book onto this rate but do not qualify, will need to pay the difference or a refund will be given.