The Orthodontic Society of Ireland invites our maxillofacial colleagues to Dublin for our Spring Meeting in 2018. It will run from April 12th to 14th, based in Dublin.
This will feature Simonas Grysbuaskas, highly regarded maxillofacial surgeon from Lithuania presenting extensively on various aspects of orthognathics, including:
- The division of responsibilities and communication between surgeon and orthodontist
- Treatment planning using conventional and digital techniques, 2D and 3D
- Orientation, reference points and planes
- Sagittal, Transverse and Vertical aspects
- Class II patients
- Class III patients
- Open Bites
- Orthognathic surgery and Temporo-Mandibular Dysfunction
- What to do when it goes wrong, and how to avoid typical mistakes in preparation
Please see this flyer for further information.
Pre-Conference Course - Orthognathic Planning Workshop
In addition to our lecture programme, we will have an optional pre-conference course on Thursday, April 12th with Joy Hickman & Emma Woolley, the consultant orthodontist and maxillofacial surgery team from North Wales. Having been run successfully in the UK and Netherlands for many years, this will be a small group, facilitated workshop style event where groups of delegates are given sets of patient records and asked to present a treatment plan. The emphasis here is on collaboration with people from different units and backgrounds, at different stages in their career, and encountering different ideas and procedures, protocols and priorities. OSI president Stephen Murray personally has done this course twice and the divergence of treatment plans was astonishing. The subsequent debate and –supportive – critique is priceless.