The 2018 Annual Scientific Meeting of BAOMS
BAOMS 2018 Annual Meeting: Preliminary Programme V5 (updated 30 April 2018)
The Final Programme will be available to registered delegates
Please note that the free paper and ePoster abstracts have now been added and all the speakers are now listed in the back with a programme ‘At a Glance’ on the last page.
Call for Abstracts is now closed.
Online registration is now closed.
Information about accommodation - please note that Durham County Cricket will be hosting the 4th One Day International between England and Australia on Thursday 21st June 2018. Therefore we anticipate heavy demand for hotel rooms, so please book early to ensure you get the best rates.
Social Activities are being organised by the local surgical team. Information and booking details as below:
Thursday 21st June 2018: Visit to National Glass Centre and Souter Lighthouse in Sunderland
- Discover glass making history, see glass blowing demonstration and try your hand at glass painting
- Visit Souter Lighthouse. The first in the world purpose built to use electricity. National Trust members please bring your card for entry.
- Soup and sandwich lunch
- Depart 9.30am ( by minibus) from Radisson Blu
- Return approx 4.00pm
- Cost £50 (places limited so please book early)
- To book and pay please contact(click on link) Diane Martin
- Closing date for booking is Friday 18th May 2018
Thursday 21 June 2018: Clay Pigeon Shooting at the North of England Shooting Grounds at Bywell, Near Morpeth
- Sandwich lunch and shotguns to include 25 clays
- Depart (by mini bus) Radisson Blu Hotel 08.00
- Return Radisson Blu Hotel 13.00 (approximately)
- Cost: £90 per person (places are limited so please book early)
- To book and pay please contact: Mr Jerry Ryan via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date for bookings is: Monday 21 May 2018
Friday 22 June 2018: Golf from 07.45
- Prince Bishops Course,
- Ramside Hall Hotel, Carrville, Durham, DH1 1TD (0191 386 9514)
- Cost: £40 – includes tea/coffee, bacon roll
- 18 holes on the Prince Bishops Course. Opened in 1996 , it is one of the best golf courses in North East England. The Par 72 course measures 6,851 yards from the championship tees, or 6220 yards from the yellow tees.
- The course is fair. The fairways are wide and generous and there is a conservative option available on every hole so that any standard of golfer can enjoy Ramside's challenge.
- Numbers limited to 20 golfers
- Booking and payment of £40 by Friday 1 June 2018
- Clubs can be rented directly with golf club
- Contact: David Keith (please click on the link or contact on mobile number 07980274815)
Friday 22 June 2018: White Water Rafting on Tees Barrage: 10.00 - 12.00 noon
- Up to 30 participants can really take control of the course and throw themselves at the mercy of the waves. Soak in the fury and madness of the rapids as you manoeuvre your way around the dynamic waters and attempt to negotiate one of the steepest drops in the country.
- After a few runs and professional tuition from one of our qualified instructors, why not finish off your day with a head to head timed challenge against your fellow group members?
- Pick up from Radisson Blu Hotel 08.30 by mini bus and return 13.00
- Cost: £60 per person
- Closing date for bookings is 1 June 2018.
- Participants must be: 14yrs of age or older, able to swim 25 metres and less than 102 Kg.
- Contact: Andy Burns to book